Solving Legal Issues For Health Care Professionals And Entities
At the law firm of Rivas Goldstein, LLP, our attorneys offer legal representation for various health care law matters in New York and New Jersey. Our clients include physicians, nurses, other licensed health care professionals and health care businesses such as pharmacies, diagnostic and reference labs, durable medical equipment companies, nursing homes, ambulance companies, home health care agencies and physician groups. By working with us, you can expect dedicated counsel and advocacy from health care lawyers who have significant experience in this complex area of the law. We work closely with clients to create a personalized strategy and then aggressively pursue the best possible outcome for their case.
We represent a variety of health care practitioners and entities in a variety of legal issues, including:
- Investigations and lawsuits involving physicians and group practices
- Cases involving diagnostic testing and reference labs
- Compliance issues and investigations involving pharmacies and pharmacists
- Comprehensive legal guidance for home health agencies
- Businesses accused of Medicare fraud
- Stark and Anti-Kickback Law cases
- False Claims Act violations
- Cases involving commercial carrier audits and overpayments
- A strong defense against allegations of EKRA
- Appeals of Medicare overpayments
- Allegations of nursing home abuse and misconduct
- Ambulance company misconduct
- Durable medical equipment manufacturing errors or liability
- Adult day care center misconduct
In addition to handling licensing concerns for nurses and physicians, we also represent them in employment agreements and contract law matters. We also assist health care businesses with compliance issues, real estate, commercial leasing and much more. Many of our clients engage us on a monthly retainer basis to serve as general counsel, answer questions, and address issues as they arise.
Drawing on the extensive corporate law experience of attorney Nicole Goldstein, we advise and assist clients in buying and selling health companies. We also build upon the experience of John Rivas, who served as assistant general counsel for the Texas Medical Board and in the Texas Attorney General’s Elder Law and Public Health Division. There, he was the attorney for the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, serving as a prosecutor in cases related to nursing homes and home health agencies. His work on both sides of medical licensing issues allows him to provide our clients with sophisticated and knowledgeable representation.
Contact Proven New York And New Jersey Health Care Lawyers
With decades of combined experience in handling health care law issues, Rivas Goldstein, LLP effectively represents clients and helps them obtain favorable outcomes. To learn more about our health care law practice, please contact us by email or call 646-859-3790 to speak with one of our lawyers.