Comprehensive Advice On Home Health Agencies
Home health care is a necessary and valuable service that improves patients’ outcomes and maintains patients’ dignity and independence offering skilled home care that includes nursing, administration of insulin, nutrition counseling and wound care.
These businesses are licensed by the state of New York and New Jersey and can be certified by Medicare. They provide services that are reimbursed by private pay, long-term care insurance, Medicaid and Medicare. Moreover, many employees of home health care agencies are licensed professionals who cannot work if their licenses are revoked or expired.
The New York City, law firm of Rivas Goldstein, LLP, represents home health care agencies and their employees.
- We offer experienced advocacy for individuals seeking administrative licensure or certification.
- We defend companies against charges of violating patient care standards or other operational requirements.
- We act for these businesses in matters such as purchases and sales, changes of ownership (CHOWS) and management agreements, and providing needed due diligence to ensure the success of the acquisition.
Skilled Advice and Representation On A Range Of Issues
Some of the matters our New York and New Jersey health care attorneys handle for home health care clients include:
- Initial licensing
- Defense in enforcement actions against the state and CMS, including revocations and payment suspensions
- Overutilization and Medicare fraud
- Defense against Anti-Kickback Statute violations and Stark Law violations
- Overpayment allegations by SafeGuard Services
- Mergers, Sales and Acquisitions
- Administrative Concerns and Compliance Plans