A New York Firm Dedicated to
Health Care Law
We Assist New York And New Jersey Health Care Providers
If You Or Your Health Care Business Is Being Investigated
Law enforcement agencies, insurance companies, the New York State Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and the New Jersey Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) have launched investigations into numerous health care businesses throughout the state recently, including pharmacies and labs.
As you may have noticed in the news reports, the investigations have led to many health care professionals and business owners being indicted on health care fraud charges. The cases often involve alleged Medicare overpayments and violations of anti-kickback statutes and other federal laws.
Anytime the FBI, an insurance company, the OIG, or the OSC opens an investigation into your practice or your business, you need to seek out legal advice immediately. Our firm works with investigators and government agencies on behalf of health care professionals and business owners in effort to avoid civil penalties, fines or criminal charges.
If you or your business is being investigated, call our New York law office right away at 646-859-3790 for legal guidance and representation you can trust.
investigations by the
fbi and others
Let Us Deal With Regulatory Agencies On Your Behalf
- Assisting physician group practices in regulatory, licensing and compliance matters.
- Responding to audits and investigations from SafeGuard Services, the Medicare Zone Program Integrity Contractor.
- Representing pharmacies and diagnostic and reference labs in regulatory, licensing and compliance matters.
- Representing physicians, specialist assistants and physician assistants in disciplinary matters involving the Office of Professional Medical Conduct.
- Representing nurses in all types of licensing defense matters and investigations.
- Advising health care professionals and organizations that are being investigated for Medicare fraud by Health Integrity, the FBI or the OIG.
- Ensuring that health care professionals and organizations are operating in compliance with federal laws, including the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Helping clients address demands for overpayment from Medicare, including all steps of overpayment appeals.
- Providing advice on home health agency acquisitions, licensing and compliance matters.
- Implementing proactive compliance counseling to avoid regulatory issues, as well as creating compliance programs to address issues that have been raised.
We have been interacting with healthcare regulatory agencies for many years and thoroughly understand the processes and decision-making of each organization. Our attorneys use this experience to represent our clients effectively before various state and federal regulatory agencies.
We Can Help You Grow And Protect Your Business
We assist clients in identifying, evaluating and closing on target acquisitions within the health care industry. We assess our clients’ businesses to optimize operational efficiencies and minimize the risk of future litigation by, for example, drafting noncompete agreements that are valid and enforceable. We also assist our clients in purchases and sales of health care entities.
Through our intimate knowledge of the health care industry and the operational aspects of our clients’ businesses, we are uniquely positioned to provide valuable insight on maximizing profits and identifying opportunities for growth and diversification.
Buying a home health agency or another health care business? We will make sure that the new opportunity is legal and compliant with your existing licenses to avoid any potential pitfalls.