The New York City law firm of Rivas Goldstein, LLP, provides comprehensive representation to health care providers and health care entities. Our approach is simple and effective: We listen carefully, educate clients about their options, and recommend the best course of action for their circumstances.
If You Or Your Health Care Business Is Being Investigated
Law enforcement agencies, insurance companies and the New York State Office of the Inspector General (OIG) have launched investigations into numerous health care businesses throughout the state recently, including pharmacies and labs.
As you may have noticed in the news reports, the investigations have led to many health care professionals and business owners being indicted on health care fraud charges. The cases often involve alleged Medicare overpayments and violations of anti-kickback statutes and other federal laws.
Anytime the FBI, an insurance company or the OIG opens an investigation into your practice or your business, you need to seek out legal advice immediately. Our firm works with investigators and government agencies on behalf of health care professionals and business owners in effort to avoid civil penalties, fines or criminal charges.
If you or your business is being investigated, call our New York law office right away at 212-541-2451 for legal guidance and representation you can trust.
Let Us Deal With Regulatory Agencies On Your Behalf
Our New York City health care law attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience addressing legal issues affecting the health care industry such as:
- Assisting physician group practices in regulatory, licensing and compliance matters.
- Responding to audits and investigations from SafeGuard Services, the Medicare Zone Program Integrity Contractor.
- Representing pharmacies and diagnostic and reference labs in regulatory, licensing and compliance matters.
- Representing physicians, specialist assistants and physician assistants in disciplinary matters involving the Office of Professional Medical Conduct.
- Representing nurses in all types of licensing defense matters and investigations.
- Advising health care professionals and organizations that are being investigated for Medicare fraud by Health Integrity, the FBI or the OIG.
- Ensuring that health care professionals and organizations are operating in compliance with federal laws, including the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Helping clients address demands for overpayment from Medicare, including all steps of overpayment appeals.
- Providing advice on home health agency acquisitions, licensing and compliance matters.
- Implementing proactive compliance counseling to avoid regulatory issues, as well as creating compliance programs to address issues that have been raised.
We have been interacting with health care regulatory agencies for many years and thoroughly understand the processes and decision-making of each organization. Our attorneys use this experience to represent our clients effectively before various state and federal regulatory agencies.
We Can Help You Grow And Protect Your Business
We assist clients in identifying, evaluating and closing on target acquisitions within the health care industry. We assess our clients' businesses to optimize operational efficiencies and minimize the risk of future litigation by, for example, drafting noncompete agreements that are valid and enforceable. We also assist our clients in purchases and sales of health care entities.
Through our intimate knowledge of the health care industry and the operational aspects of our clients' businesses, we are uniquely positioned to provide valuable insight on maximizing profits and identifying opportunities for growth and diversification.
Buying a home health agency or another health care business? We will make sure that the new opportunity is legal and compliant with your existing licenses to avoid any potential pitfalls.
Call Us Today And Put Your Mind At Ease
To speak with an experienced health care lawyer and to find out how we can help protect your livelihood or your business, call 212-541-2451 today. You may also contact our New York law firm online.